Temple Sinai is housed in an elegant 1911 Colonial Revival house with a 1960's addition. Our master plan addressed all the functions of a temple, satisfying worship needs with a new sanctuary, study needs with new classrooms, and community needs with expandable social halls for various life cycle events.
The original house was restored, with former porches converted to offices, a library and stairs. The Sanctuary addition was linked directly to the historic entry and oriented diagonally so that the social hall and the new chapel could be combined in several different configurations through the use of acoustical folding walls. The new worship space incorporates flexibility of use, accessibility, ample and dramatic natural and artificial light, a close relationship with nature, conservation of resources, and traditional symbolic religious content.
|Comprehensive Architectural Services||Master Planning and Feasibility Studies||Universal Access Design||Restoration and Adaptive Re-use||Artist's Renderings and Fundraising Graphics|